Thursday, May 22, 2008

Damon with X-Factor Unknown Photo Shoot

I met Damon when I got called into fix some computers for Maximum Video on 64th St. He is the manager there and an inspiring music artist. We got to talking about websites and Myspace, which led into me telling him about my web design ability. I mentioned that with http://www.minilocmarketing.com/ we only charge a small monthly fee to design a web site as opposed to a large onetime fee of $1000 or something. Anyway, I wanted to hook him up with a photo shoot to go along with his new website http://www.x-factor-unknown.com/ and we choose to photograph him around Ocean City but with unique backdrops or different places around the inlet. It just so happens that it was raining around 8am when we decided to shoot, and decided to go with it. I personally thing the rain and over cast added an emotion to the photos that you don’t always get when it’s nice and sunny. We hit the other side of the 50 bridge and got some great warm up shots. Then we moved on in and parked near the bridge so we can photograph under it. I think those shots turned out great. We also took pictures closer to the inlet parking lot and then headed up to Seacrets to grab some of those wild backdrops. All in all it was a great time even though it was raining. By the end we were both totally soaked but we were totally happy with the way the photos turned out. Damon was an awesome model to work with. He brought a ton of creative ideas to the table which made almost every photo different from the next. Damon was so cool with the wet weather, he never complained, not once. And for me it’s rare to get guys to want to take photos, so to me it was a rare fun time.
I look forward to seeing which photo he decides to go with for his album cover, and if you’d like to listen to some of his tracks, they’ll be on the website, when I get it finished and he’s also on Myspace look for him there.

No comments: