Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Yoga Photo Shoot

Happy Thanksgiving!
I got called to do a photo shoot for a yoga company and found it to be a really cool shoot to do. The Yoga place is called, Sumatis Om Studio Yoga, in Berlin, Maryland. For those of you in the area and who are interested in Yoga check it out or give them a call, 410-641-4499. I’ve never done yoga before but after photographing them in action, I found them it to be very peaceful.
For this photo shoot we wanted to capture images of yoga for their website and brochures. My wife, Olga and I were there photographing this from several angles and with two ideas in mind, with her experience in yoga it proved to be a really good shoot.
One of the images we wanted to capture and convey was “couples yoga”. We had a couple come in and get dressed up in their wedding clothes, a suit and a dress and perform some poses. I found out later that the model I was working with who was recently married and is one of the main instructors there.
Suzanne is the owner of the studio and a real blast to chat with and she played the main role of director for setting up a lot of the shots we needed. I really liked her right away, and for those of you looking to take up yoga in that area, you in for a treat with a great group of people there.

No comments: