Friday, November 21, 2008

High School Photography Class

I logged into my facebook the other day and my high school buddy found this photo of me. And its so weird because it was me and our photography class. Back then I never knew that I would be working in photography as my employment and making a living at it, but here I am. If you are curious about my facebook, take a peek at it, here is the link.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1430346594&ref=profile

Since I started using facebook I’ve found old friends, made some new friends, and I’m able to keep in touch with a lot of them easier. It’s pretty cool.


Looking at the photo, I think back to High School and where I am today and its pretty interesting how I ended up here. When I took that photography class I just didn’t think I’d have as much fun with it as I do now. Ms. Fagan my photography teacher was pretty informative teacher and really cool in my opinion. She would send us out on little photo shoots around the school for class projects, little did she know my friend MJ and I would find most of our shooting assignments over in McDonalds across the street from the school. Taking photos in there and bringing them back to class didn’t go over very well if you can imagine. Every since that class I’ve always owned a camera and whether I was in Cambridge, England shooting some of the beautiful buildings or in France photographing the touristy things, her teachings have followed me to this day. It wasn’t till I met my friend and Mentor Dave, a pro photographer in his own right that I feel in love with capturing the beauty of weddings and photographing all those special moments that take place on the special day. Thank you Ms. Fagan and Mr. Dave for all you taught me.

No comments: