Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Doug and Michelle Wedding

I can’t say this was the smallest wedding I’ve ever photographed, as there are a few times when its only me, the couple getting married and the minister. Those are small events. But with Michelle and Doug’s wedding what it lacked in size it made up with in character. The ceremony took place down at Assateague state park; right on the beach and we were actually able to have a pony show up on queue. With it starting at 6:30pm the light was a bit harsh on the skin and hard to see without sunglasses. All in all it was fun. I had my video crew out there videotaping the wedding. My wife Olya manning camera one and Big John as I like to call him manning camera two. They were both capturing the event from all angles. Olya was able to get the pony walking ahead of the bride before her grand entrance.
Afterwards I photographed the bridal party on the beach and the broke it up to just the bride and groom shots. We then headed over to the Harrisons Harbor Watch down by the Ocean City Inlet, where the reception was being held. I did a wedding there with my buddy Leo before and we already knew of some cool spots to photograph the bride and groom. Soon it was time to get down and get funky with the crazy tunes DJ Jaws was playing. DJ Jaws by far one of the coolest DJ’s around and as a matter of fact he’s due to get married in 2009 and we were talking about where he is going to have his wedding. We just couldn’t decide whether I was going to do the photography at his wedding here in Ocean City, or in Cancun, Mexico. My vote is for Cancun.

No comments: