Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ocean City Air Show

It was the last day of the first annual Ocean City Air Show and I almost didn’t go. I’ve got all this work to do, building websites, getting photos ready for printing, and photos to scan. But my wife says I should go, and take a break. So I did. And boy was it ever cool. I’m used to seeing big air shows at RAF Mildenhall, England when I was stationed there in the Air Force. I got to see the B2, and I even got a chance to touch the F-117. I found out later I wasn’t supposed to, because of the material its covered in. by far my favorite aircraft is the B1B Lancer. When I was at Mildenhall and worked on the flight line I parked my truck right next to the runway, I heard this plane was inbound and wanted to see it. It came in with its wings swept back and zoomed through, it was sooo loud and powerful the whole ground shock around me. It was incredible!

Now Ocean City is having the Air Show and I was thinking that it would only be Bi planes or Cessnas. My father saw it the day before and told me about the F16 and the F15 both Super cool planes and I missed being near fighter planes. So I had to see it. Sean’s parents had a place right there on 19th St, right on the boardwalk. It was the sweetest place to view it all; I definitely had the hook up there. Later we left the family party but they hadn’t shown the F16 yet so I stayed. I was seated right near the beach, and when it came out from behind the hotel area, it scared the crap out of me. I couldn’t focus the camera, I was shaking so bad. It was just so loud and all of a sudden, but it was so cool. So with this being the first Annual Air show, I’m looking forward to the next, how to see you all there.

No comments: