Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Patron Party at Ocean Pines Beach Club

I got called up to one of the weirdest gigs I've ever really had. I put together a type of “Party Package” where I would take photos at an event and print them out on the spot, something like a photo booth but with a lot more fun and flexibility. And the goal was to make it work in the reception part of a wedding, however at the Ocean Pines Beach Club we were demonstrating it and they people there really liked it. And that’s how I got this gig, even though it wasn’t wedding related it was certainly a lot of fun and I’d like to get more photography jobs like that in the future.
The Patron party was pretty, I’d like to say “off the hook” but it wasn’t really that hopping. There was a really good turnout of people and another 10 to 20 more people might have made too crowded. As people would sign in, I’d greet them and offer to take their picture in front of cute little backdrop I created. After words, I’d let them know their photo would be printed up in about 3 minutes and could pick them up over on the table. Everything was paid for, and so the photos were free. I’ve done this at other events where the customers would pay for the images, this way it actually just worked out for everyone. I was happy, the music was great, they would bring around all the free Patron samples you could try, and I sampled a few. Not enough to make wallaby but the right amount to blend in with all the other people and have fun with them. It was great, hats off to you folk with the Ocean Pines Association. http://www.oceanpines.org/
View More Photos Here

No comments: