Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Teaser images – a preview of the good stuff


I wanted to update you all on what’s new with your images. When I photograph an event, say a wedding or senior shoot, after I get home and I get the images stored on my Drobo, I like to cruise through them and pick out a few that I absolutely love. It might be anywhere from 3 – 15 images, depending. Well I grab those images and pull them to the side and upload them to facebook, for you and your friends and family. The goal is to not keep you waiting too long for a peek at the fun from the day’s events.


(a good reason to friend me so I can share them with you faster, http://www.facebook.com/hitchedphotography)


Back in the day, when I might have had only one wedding a weekend, or maybe a few photography events a month, I could process those images in 48 hours and have them up online. But these days, I’m getting booked up for weekday weddings, followed by family beach portraits, and with a few seniors splashed in for a busy month.


With the summer crashing down upon us like waves, I find it difficult to give my clients images the attention I like to give each and every one of their photos. And so I have hired on “image processors” to help in processing the images from the events. These two guys are my image manipulators, they are the ones taking those ordinary images that might come out of any camera and making them into fantastic art, of course leaving some images plain but slightly enhanced. Both gentlemen were handed picked by me, because of their background skills in photoshop and their speed and dedication to the images I’m entrusting into them. Both my guys were trained by me, given specific instructions on what I expect the images to look like. And to give the images the exact care I would.


I still process images myself, but I’m happy to have the help so that I can continue to focus on you the client. It also frees up my time to gather new skills to apply at your wedding or family portrait. Taking the time on your images is something I personally feel is important, making them unique and memorable, something you will cherish always. So just think that every time I snap a photo of you, it will be “Hand Crafted” to be the best image It can be.

No comments: