Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Beach Portrait Ideas Welcome

When choosing me, Hitched Photography, or my photographers, you should feel confident knowing we’ll have some fun. Processing some beach portrait images from today, I was thinking how cool it can be collaborating with the client and making the photo shoot into something special by coming up with ideas together.

Just today, I had a family of three, Mom, daughter, and son. And with a family of three and the neat ideas bouncing off each other, we ended up taking some 650 images, a lot more than if I had a family of 20. Which is not to say that with a large family we can’t create some cool photos together, we often times create some very memorable images.

What I want future clients to know, that I’m not one to shoot down any idea that comes my way.A lot of times I’ll photograph a family for beach portrait and I’ll come out there with my preset ideas based on what most people like. I usually try to do something new and fun, whenever possible. Whenever possible I take in client ideas and suggestions, and make them into what you want, using my equipment and skills. I’ll have fun making these ideas into an awesome image and I’ll come away with a new cool photo technique that I can share with the next family.

With my family of three, the little girl of 8, had some pretty cool interesting photo suggestions.By taking in her creative ideas, I was able to have some fun shooting out of my normal shoot zone. There are times when I don’t have time to get these shots, or maybe the client isn’t looking for something so different. But in this case I had time and a willing model to photograph.

So before any photo shoot with me or any other photograph, think about what you would like to come away with. It’s your photo shoot, shouldn’t you make it into what you would like. And always have fun with it!





No comments: