Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kim and Matt Wedding

An Air Force wedding, I’d like to get more of these weddings as they have a different feel to them then beach or regular weddings. And by different I mean, the man in uniform were laid back kind of people but while in uniform they have that military baring that keeps them standing in certain positions and holding themselves in that military way. And I know that wearing the uniform gets awfully hot, so I wanted to be quick about the photographs I take. It’s always good to catch our men and women in uniform on camera so that they may look upon these images with fond memories of their time in service.
I really liked the church Kim and Matt choose for their wedding day, the layout was fun and easy to shoot in. The pastor was a super cool guy, with a church as fancy as that one was, I thought for sure he wouldn’t let me use my flash, but he was totally ok with it. And after the ceremony the pastor and I were talking and he gave me some new ideas for photographing the bride and groom. One of the obstacles I had to overcome was the height difference between the bride and groom. Positioning them in certain ways was the key to making the photos look right. I brought along a new assistant photographer, Damon for some training. I photographed him before for his own portfolio and for his music album cover and I really liked his creative ideas he had for posing and locations. I know he will make a great photographer. I am starting to get rather busy and so I know that I’ll need to support of my crew to continue providing the best service I can to the clients and friends.

No comments: